|CopyCat is a Delphi / C++Builder component set for replicating Interbase/Firebird databases. |
The file contains an evaluation version of the component set (IDE must be open).
Key features of CopyCat:
Plans for future versions:
- Full two-way replication.
- Royalty-free Delphi / C++Builder component set.
- CopyCat was designed to handle even highly complex databases, without requiring any structural unheavals.
- Independant of the data-connectivity components: adapters can be written to enable interaction with any Interbase/FireBird data-access components. Currently supported are FIBPlus and IBX.
- No server-side is needed: thus CopyCat can be used on any MS Windows client, regardless of the OS of the remote server.
- Configuration of which tables are to be replicated: it is not necessary to synchronize the whole database.
- Advanced primary key synchronization techniques (using either a generator, a stored procedure, or a custom SQL expression).
- Advanced conflict management techniques, allowing you to completely avoid any risk of crushing any data, if there were changes for the same record on both databases.
- Stored procedure "replication".
- Designed for and tested with Interbase 6.0.
- Currently tested with C++Builder 5, C++Builder 6, and Delphi 7.
- Support for limiting the replication of certain tables using a customized WHERE clause.
- Automatic conflict resolving, based on a user precedance hierachy.
- Client/Server HTTP-based replication protocol, supporting data compression and encryption.
- Record merging upon conflict.
- Support for other databases (NexusDB, MySQL, PostgresSQL, MSSQL, etc).
- Heterogeneous database replication # it will be possible to replicate between different types of databases or data access components, in a completely transparent fashion.
- More data-connectivity components: UIB (soon!), IBO, ZEOS, BDE (anyone need this one?)
See our web site for exhaustive documentation, pricing and EXE demo program.
Added: 10-10-2005 | Version: 1.00.0 | Downloads: 12/12/2