|ZeosDBO is a database middleware components for Borland development tools, including Delphi, C++ Builder and Kylix. |
The following compilers are supported:
- Delphi 4 - 7
- C++ Builder 4 - 6
- Kylix 1 - 3
ZeosDBO supports direct connectivity to the following databases using the vendor provided, native interface:
- MySQL 3.20 - 4.1
- PostgreSQL 6.5 - 7.3
- Firebird 1.0 - 1.5
- Interbase 5.0 - 7.5
- Microsoft SQL Server 7, 2000
- Sybase ASE 12.0, 12.5
For other databases we propose to use implemented Active Data Objects (ADO) Bridge.
Advantages of using ZeosDBO:
- Platform independance. The ZeosDBO is highly generic. Applications written in ZeosDBO can be migrated across databases without major changes.
- ZeosDBO is open source, written for usability and extensibility.
- ZeosDBO leverages the amazing power of the Delphi development environment without relying on a performance killing middleware.
- ZeosDBO is an extremely thin abstraction layer, unlike 'thick' layered protocols like ADO and BDE.
- ZCore - Core classes and interfaces. Contains Java style objects and collections as well as compatibility types and functions.
- ZParseSql - SQL specific for syntax and lexical analysis.
- ZPlain - Native plain API to supported SQL servers.
- ZDbc - Port of Java Database Connectivity API (JDBC 2.0). DBC API acts as intermediate layer between Plain API and highlevel TDataset or DBExpress components.
- ZComponent - visual components descended from TDataset.
- TZConnection: This component encapsulates the database connection and transaction management.
- TZReadOnlyQuery: TDataset component to execute SQL queries and process data in read-only mode.
- TZQuery: TDataset component which allows data modifications in regular and cached mode.
- TZUpdateSQL: Analog of standard TUpdateSQL component to explicite definition of Insert/Update/Delete SQL statements for TDataset modifications.
- TZStoredProc: The component to execute SQL stored procedures.
- TZSQLProcessor: The component to execute SQL scripts for different SQL and various delimiter types.
- TZSQLMonitor: The component to monitor all outgoing SQL queries and other logging information.
- TZSQLMetadata: Specialized TDataset component which provides an access to database metadata such as tables, columns, indices, etc.
The project home page is here (for news, links and other project info): http://www.zeoslib.net
The sourceforge development site is located here (for technical resources and anonymous web based cvs access): http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/zeoslib
Added: 21-03-2001/9-02-2004 | Version: 6.1.3 beta | Downloads: n/a