|Balmsoft Polyglot contains components for localization your Delphi application. It contains IDE extension for generation files with localizable items and components for applying files with localization. You can translate any localizable property in your application and even your end users can localize your application to their language. Key features * Easy-to-start - just place component and provide a couple of properties; * Wizard for generation and update translation files; * Easy to use translation format; * Special symbols support; * Collections support; * TStrings support; * Resourcestrings support; * Flexible filtering capabilities for translation files generation; * Switching between languages in run-time; * Detailed documentation;|
Added: 1-09-2003 | Version: 1.1 | Downloads: 887/887/12
|DPS Translation Tools|
"DPS Lang" is an alternative to Delphi's ITE. Its highlights are:
- This ITE is fully compatible with Borland's localization approach: it ends up generating a separate resource DLL for each language, using the language code as its extension (for instance, ENU for American English)
- It is extremely TeamSource-friendly: it uses only one file for storing all translations (even when using more than one foreign language)
- It doesn't generate any subfolder with forms or other resource files. This again eliminates version-control issues. In short, *ALL* translation information (including preferences) is stored in a single file.
- Allows the use of multiple repositories. This is specially useful when you want to keep your translations organized (for instance, keeping utils separated from other project group stuff)
- Repositories can be categorized just as any regular project. In other words, repositories can contain forms, resourcestrings, and other stuff. Repositories are not just a bunch of translated strings, because each translated item conserves its identifier.
- As a result of the previous item, this ITE will automatically detect when you change strings in a form or resourcestring that already have a translation in a repository, and allow you to keep your repositories synchronized.
- It also detects "changed" items: those that have changed (in the native language) so that you can update both your project and your repositories. The same happens with "unused" items.
- Allows the use of filters to hide undesired properties. For instance, you can direct the ITE to ignore properties ending with ".ConnectionString", ".TableName", etc. so that the ITE shows only meaningful items.
- Form previews are much more complete than in Delphi's ITE: you can preview MdiChild forms, forms linked to other Forms or Data Modules, Forms with frames, inherited forms, inherited frames and any combination of them.
- It allows concurrent use on the same projects and repositories. For example, two or more people can concurrently work on the same project sharing the same repositories.
- As is the case with Delphi, an external executable is provided to be given to external translators. However, the nice point is you only have to provide external translators with this exe and the translation file (remember: just one file!) which makes it much easier than having to send the rc file and all the forms as is the case with Delphi's ITE. See DPSLangX.txt for more info.
- I'll soon provide import capabilities to allow you to import your existing ITE projects
Added: 14-04-2002 | Version: 1.06b | Downloads: 1075/1075/5
|Use TTranslator to localize String or TStrings properties of components and code strings. TTranslator introduces an easy to use Strings' Editor that gives a good overview of your translations and where desired properties can be selected and edited. The Strings' Editor also allows you to add, rename and remove languages and to manage your localized code strings. The TTranslator supports an unlimited number of languages.|
The component is licensed under GPL. The usage is free for GPL open source projects. Closed source (commercial) projects require acquisition of license.
Added: 17-07-2001/12-05-2003 | Version: 2.61 | Downloads: 3440/3294/6
© 1995-2006 Robert M. Czerwinski ( The Delphi Super Page a.k.a. DSP ).
All rights reserved.