List of Fixes included in Update Pack #3
Below is a list of fixes that are included in this patch.
MIDAS & Socket Server
MIDAS & TProvider
- Fixed problem that resulted in Access Violation when a string was passed by reference.
- Fixed problem passing more than 8k of data, that caused the error "Windows Socket error: (10014) on API 'recv'".
MIDAS & TSocketConnection
- Fixed problem fetching partial packet when record size is large (e.g., record size * PacketRecords is larger than 24Kb). Problem caused wrong records to be fetched.
MIDAS & TClientDataSet
- Fixed problem with proeprty editor for the TSocketConnection.ServerName property that resulted in errors when setting property at design-time.
- Fixed problem that required applications with TSocketConnection needs be compiled with range checking turned off.
- Fixed problem that caused StreamDS to freeze with 3 detail datasets.
- Fixed problem working with two detail datasets. If loaded from file, the master-detail link fields do not work (are not given data) for the second detail dataset.
- Fixed problem saving a dataset with 3 nested datasets.
- Fixed problem with call to FDSBase.AppendData with metadata but no records. The call would leave the safearray locked.
- Fixed problem with CascadingUpdates. Problem concerned master-detail datasets. When data was inserted, the key changed, and then changes were made to the detail record, produced extraneous records in delta.
- TMainMenu. Fixed problem with keystroke handling for VCL TMenus that contain non-VCL menu items (such as the MDI Windows menu).
- TToolbar. Fixed problem infinite loop that occurred when changing alignment at design-time and that would freeze the IDE.
- TImageList. Work around video driver problems in STB, Diamond, and other S3-based video cards by changing the IDE image list's growth delta (to avoid growth) and adopting the comctrl IStream for persistence. (Involves some loss of backwards compatibility for users of Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.)
- TCoolBar. Fixed problem with streaming. All components would be lost if the form was streamed, leaving only blank TCoolBands.
CORBA & Marshaling
- GetPrincipal. Previously used IStub; corrected to use ISkeleton.
- SetPrincipal. Now works correctly.
- CorbaInitialize. Fixed to prevent the ORB from being initialized multiple times.
- ORBInit. Fixed to prevent last parameter being cut off.
- Pinging. Garbage collection on RDMs; the RDMs were getting collected after 20 minutes of no activity.
- StringToObject. Previously did not work unless ORB.Bind was called first.
- Problems when invoking operations and passing parameters of the types listed below have been fixed:
- Anys that contain Object References, Aliases, Anys, TDateTime values, or TCurrency values.
- Sequences, Structures, and Unions that contain Anys or Object References.