Delphi 4 Client/Server Update Pack #1
Instructions for Use
This update is intended for use with the Client/Server version of the Delphi 4. Do not attempt to use this update pack with another version. There are separate update packs for the Standard and Professional versions. This update will work for U.S., German and French versions. Additionally, there is an update to the Delphi 4 documentation.
To install the Delphi 4 Update Pack #1, it will be necessary for you to enter your original license key and serial number from your original Delphi 4 CD where indicated.
The EXE file is a self-extracting, self-executing File.
- Make sure Delphi 4 is closed.
- Download the EXE file and Save it to your local disk.
- Execute the EXE file from the directory you saved it in.
List of Fixes included in Update Pack #1
Below is a list of fixes that are included in this patch.
- DATABASE: Posting an Oracle8 reference record by pressing the down arrow key in the grid causes an error if the associated ReferenceTableName property is not set.
- DATABASE: Applying cached updates to local tables will fail when using an UpdateObject or an OnUpdateRecord event handler.
- DATABASE: The "Field value required" error message should not be prefixed with the dataset name.
- DATABASE: The BeforeScroll and AfterScroll events are not being fired on the TTable.GotoCurrent or the TClientDataSet.GotoCurrent methods.
- DATABASE: Setting the Constrained property to True on a TQuery has no effect.
- DATABASE: When a TQuery is used to execute a MSSQL stored procedure with a parameter of type Money, a server syntax error message is generated.
- DATABASE: The TDatabase PrivateDir and NetFileDir properties are being truncated at 31 characters.
- DATABASE: With Master/Detail TTables, if Refresh is called on the master, the detail table is always repositioned to the first record.
- CORBA: Using Dynamic Invocation, passing an empty string to the CreateInstance method causes an error stating that the parameter passed is not of the correct type.
- CORBA: Access Violation in OrbPas.dll occurs when passing "Sequences" between Corba Clients and Servers.
- CORBA: An exception occurs when the AppServer property of the TCorbaConnection component is used.
- ACTIVEX: Wrong code generated in the _TLB.pas file in the TOleControl wrapper when a function is added to the control.
- IDE: Exception "A component named DockSite0 already exists" occurs when exiting if Autosave Desktop is enabled and multiple packages are tab-docked together.
- VCL: Deleting second TControl on TToolBar within a TControlBar causes an AV.
- IDE: If you tab dock the Project Manager to the object inspector and have the call stack and watch view tab docked to the bottom of the edit window, you will get the exception: "A component named DockSite0 already exists."
- IDE: Can't arrange components on the palette.
- VCL: AV upon sequential deletion of TTabSheet then TPageControl.
- VCL: Can't set TListBox's ItemIndex to 0 unless the ItemIndex is already 0.
- IDE: The IDE crashes after modifying the project source.
- IDE: Typing "showmessage(inttostr(height" into the editor causes an AV in DCC40.DLL
- IDE: Declaring a function or procedure with more than 1024 characters in the parameter list whenever the Code Explorer is visible will cause Delphi to abort without any apparent error messages.
- VCL: When 3 or more forms are docked to a form with UseDockManager = True, double-clicking to undock one of the docked forms leaves the docked host in a strange state where it can't be focused.
- MIDAS: TDataSetProvider does not work with a TClientDataSet as its DataSet source.
- MIDAS: Calling IndexDefs.Update on a nested ClientDataSet causes a "List index out of bounds" error.
- MIDAS: The TClientDataset.MasterSource property displays it's own Datasource component in the drop down list.
- MIDAS: Using the TSocketConnection and trying to connect with only a ServerName causes an AV.
- MIDAS: After calling TClientDataSet.ApplyUpdates the source dataset is left open. This causes a subsequent refresh to fail.
- MIDAS: TClientDataSet savepoints retrieved after a single edit will not revert correctly.
- MIDAS: The TClientDataSet changelog (Delta) is not cleared in some cases after calling ApplyUpdates when using nested datasets.
- IDE: Component | Install Component resets the installed packages list.
The following is a list of files that may be updated with this Update Pack #1. The files updated on your system may vary depending on what version you have installed and what options you chose during installation.