PrintDAT! for Delphi
Design instant reports to print your TdbGrid, TTable, TQuery, TStringGrid, TDecisionGrid, TDecisionQuery the easy way, in just 1 second.
Drop our PrintDAT! component onto the form that has a grid and double click
it. You'll see the report in our report previewer. There are no field layouts or
formatting to perform. Compile the PrintDAT! report into your application by
adding just 1 line of code. Itís all done automatically. It sure beats designing grid reports the old fashioned way!
Plenty of Output Options:
1. Print the grid report to your printer
2. Save the grid report to a text file
3. Export the grid's data to Microsoftís Excel or to any other program using
ASCII delimited output
4. Send a page of the report to the Windows clipboard where it can be pasted into
5. Send the report output to the built-in report previewer
PrintDAT! can print these components and more are on the way:
Remarkable Reporting Breakthrough With TDecisionGrid
Youíve already spent a couple thousand dollars on Delphi Client Server to get
the TDecisionGrid component (DecisionCube) but you canít show it to anyone
because you canít print it, UNTIL NOW! PrintDAT! will print your TDecisionGrid component and will accurately
reflect the dimensions shown on the screen. This means if you collapse or expand a
dimension on the screen, the report will adjust automatically. Youíll be able to
print detail information by expanding all the dimensions, or summarize the
report by compressing any number of dimensions, or print a radically different
report by swapping the row and column dimensions. PrintDAT! handles this without any code changes and without recompiling your program. This demonstrates the power of dynamic reporting that is built
into PrintDAT!. It does all of the thinking for you. If youíve never seen a
TDecisionGrid component before, check out our demo program (listed below) that has
a working TDecisionGrid and a corresponding PrintDAT! report.
PrintDAT! has lots of flexibility - Plenty of runtime options:
1. Itís Super Easy - If you can use a dialog component, you can use PrintDAT!. Drop the
PrintDAT! component onto your form that has the grid and double click the component to
view the report while still in the Delphi IDE. Or add 1 line of code to
compile the report into your .exe file. DCUís and runtime packages are included.
2. Report Previewer - Saves paper by viewing the report before itís printed
3. Saves Time - There are no time consuming field layouts to do. PrintDAT! automatically
positions the fields for you and even does the line drawing. You end up with a
finished report in just seconds.
4. Report Options are selected at runtime so thereís no need to recompile your program if you
need to make changes.
5. Shrink to Page - Automatically finds the proper font size to fit the entire grid onto the
6. Dynamic Reporting - The report adjusts to the size of paper and orientation. It automatically
fills the page with more columns when printing in landscape mode or when using a
larger size paper like legal size paper.
7. Saves Paper - Newspaper panels can print up to 10 narrow grids across the page. No more
wasted white space.
8. No Grid is Too Wide - Print grids with over 1,000 columns across using horizontal page breaks.
9. Optimized Column Widths for string and memo fields. Thatís right. You can now print wordwrapped memo fields or large string fields in a grid cell. This prevents a long string or memo
fields from occupying the entire width of the page because now theyíre
automatically wordwrapped onto several lines within a cell.
10. No Truncated Data - PrintDAT! automatically adjusts the column widths to fit the data. Thereís
no guesswork and you get perfect reports every time.
11. Super Fast Printing - We clocked it at 10 pages/sec when printing an 80 column report to a text
12. Export Your Data to Other Programs - Export your dbGrid to MS Excel or other spreadsheet/graphics program. PrintDAT! can export the data from all
of the these components: TdbGrid, TQuery, TTable, TStringGrid, TDecisionGrid
and TDecisionQuery. This means youíll be able to do fancy filtering, queries,
sorting, and crosstab summations and have other programs read the results.
13. Runtime Titles - Add report titles, headers, and footers at runtime. Theyíre automatically
wordwrapped if necessary and are always positioned correctly on the report even
when the page is switched to landscape orientation.
14. Security - Report Passwords will prevent unauthorized printing. The report options
window can be also be hidden from the user to prevent tampering.
15. PrintDAT! is 100% VCL code. There are no DLLís or Active-X files to worry about. The reports will
compile into your .exe file like any other procedure. No royalties.
16. Source code is available as an option. Source code will be shipping in Jan'99.
Who needs PrintDAT!?
Anyone whoís tired of creating grid reports the old fashioned way. Weíve all
been there. Itís boring and tedious work. With conventional reports you drag
field after field to the report form, line up the fields one by one, adjust their
font sizes, then panic when you run out of horizontal space for the remaining
fields, forcing you to go back to reposition all the fields and then readjust
the font sizes so you can cram in more fields. Why go through this type of report
gymnastics time after time? Donít you have better things to do?
You already have a grid with all of the information in it. Why canít you just
say "Take this grid and print it?". Well, now you can! With PrintDAT! you donít need to create yet another form
in your application to hold the report. PrintDAT! works like a dialog
component. Just drop our PrintDAT! component onto the form that has your grid, and add
"pdtPrintDAT1.Print;" to a button or to a menu item. Thatís it! It doesnít get
any easier than this. Youíre done in just seconds. With PrintDAT! all of your
important dbGrids can be printed by adding a button and 1 line of code to your
form. Your clients will love you for it. It's easy. It's fast. It's powerful.
Get PrintDAT! for the low price of only $49 (USD). MasterCard and Visa
accepted. This includes both DCUís and packages. PrintDAT! works with all versions of
Delphi. Plus youíll get the Client Server version too, so you can print your
TDecisionGrid. Thereís more. Order now and get a free upgrade to PrintDAT!
version 1.1 which will include Woll2Woll grid compatibility (3rd party compatibility
may require the purchase of the source code). PrintDAT! comes with a 30 day
Money Back Guarantee. Place your order using our secure encrypted order form on
our website at www.grebarsys.com, or E-Mail email@example.com. You can also fax
your order to 1-204-947-1138. We will then e-mail you the serial# so you can
download PrintDAT! from our web site. You'll be enjoying the power of PrintDAT!
within a few hours of placing your order. Please be sure to include your E-Mail
address when faxing. Or you can call our sales line at 1-204-942-3301 (9-5
PrintDAT! Demo Program
Seeing is believing. Our demo program is already compiled and ready to run. It
is chalked full of grids and reports that shows off all of the snazzy
PrintDAT! features. All you need is the BDE and the DEMO database that came with
Delphi. You can also use this demo to print data from your very own tables or export your tables to MS Excel and to other programs. Download the demo
program from: http://www.grebarsys.com/cgi-bin/logscribe/lssend.pl?pddemo.zip
PrintDAT! Evaluation Component
Try out evaluation component. Youíll be able to drop PrintDAT! onto your form
and within seconds print your own TdbGrid, TQuery, TTable, TStringGrid,
TDecisionGrid, and TDecisionQuery components from your very own applications. Note:
The PrintDAT! evaluation component has a 4 page limit and must be run from within
Delphi. Download the evaluation component from:
PrintDAT! Sample Reports are online!
If you donít have time to download anything, see our sample reports online.
These are actual screen snapshots of our demo program and the output that it can
produce. To see the sample reports, visit:
Your Database Universe is now Printable within in 1 second!
Turn up the warp drive Scotty because now a whole galaxy of databases can be
printed. Print data from Paradox, dBase, Access, Interbase, MS SQL Server,
Oracle, DB2, Informix, etc.. Any database that is accessible through the BDE can be
printed by PrintDAT! at warp speed. Plus compatibility with several 3rd party
database engines will also be added in early í99.
Creating grid reports has never been this easy. Once youíve used PrintDAT!,
you may never want to go back to printing grids the old fashioned way! PrintDAT!
is only is $49 (USD). For source code add $99 (USD). It will pay for itself the
very first time you use it. Visit our web page for more information at www.grebarsys.com.
If you want a super fast, super easy way to print and export your grids, it
has to be PrintDAT!